What are the core Trust Documents you need to keep, and who should be keeping…
The Privacy Act 2020 introduces some new obligations for business and organisations.
The changes to the Privacy Act from 1 December 2020 in summary:
- There is a new privacy principle that covers sending information overseas
- There are new rules about letting affected people, and the Privacy Commissioner know when there has been a privacy breach
- Overseas companies that do business in New Zealand are required to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act
- There are new enforcement measures including compliance directions, access directions and update offences and penalties
- Three privacy principles have been updated
If you’re looking for more details, the Privacy Commissioner’s website is a good place to start.