The nature of a true and legitimate casual relationship between an employee and employer, is…
The Privacy Act 2020 introduces some new obligations for business and organisations.
The changes to the Privacy Act from 1 December 2020 in summary:
- There is a new privacy principle that covers sending information overseas
- There are new rules about letting affected people, and the Privacy Commissioner know when there has been a privacy breach
- Overseas companies that do business in New Zealand are required to comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act
- There are new enforcement measures including compliance directions, access directions and update offences and penalties
- Three privacy principles have been updated
If you’re looking for more details, the Privacy Commissioner’s website is a good place to start.