Living in paradise makes workdays a different kind of proposition – and you could have this if you’re looking for work with our accounting firm based in Motueka and Golden Bay.
Our community is vibrant if small, and we encourage staff involvement in all aspects – our positioning statement says it all – “Partners in your Business and Community”.
The daily commute can be as simple as a walk or bike to work; and if you need to have your car at work, car parking is not an issue. The library is across the road from the office; supermarkets are only a few minutes along the road; we have the best shoe shop in the Nelson Tasman region; we even have two cinemas in town when you need to take a break. And if you want to take a city break anytime, our town is 40 minutes from the fourth busiest airport in the country.
You could soon be getting a taste of Tasman Bay’s beautiful landscape – exploring local bushwalks, nearby cycle trails, golden beaches.
We are a mid-size Chartered Accountancy firm with a strong client base in Motueka and Golden Bay. We are seeking a motivated individual to join our energetic Admin Team.
Ideally, you will have an understanding/experience of general accounting and payroll matters, with strong Word and Excel skills being an advantage. Necessary training will be provided and, in most cases, written procedures are already in place. The key to us is that you have the right attitude and ability to contribute to our business’s ongoing success and growth.
The payroll function will be a backup to our Payroll Administrator, who prepares complex payrolls for a number of our clients. On average 30% of your day will be payroll related. Other tasks include; Reception support, Maintaining Trust records, Assistance with maintaining Company records, Xero formatting, and general admin ‘stuff’.
Specifics of the role will be influenced by the skills and attitude that you bring to the firm.
If you would like to discuss the role, please do not hesitate to contact John Kerridge on 03 5288760 or submit your application and CV to [email protected]
Applications close September 19, 2023
We have a large competent team of accountants with wide range of business backgrounds, and our commitment to building staff capability along with excellent cooperation amongst team members, ensures our clients are benefiting from the best possible service.Ideally we want an Accounting Senior/Manager who would add further value to our already great team.
- A position vacant due to an internal promotion with opportunities for further advancement a possibility for the right applicant.
- The flexibility of working from home can also be considered
- One of our key philosophies is continuous improvement and you will have the opportunity to contribute to that
- We have the capacity to accommodate different strengths and aspirations
- Our firm culture emphasizes our supportive family focused values, ensuring personal needs are taken care of even in the work environment
You should bring:
- at least 5+ years of experience in an NZ CA firm
- a can-do attitude
- willingness to grow with the role and learn new skills
Your key responsibilities:
- to prepare and review financial statements, tax returns and GST returns
- to have a good knowledge of NZ tax legislation.
- to have knowledge of and experience with Xero
Please complete the form below