Many of you are using software these days that supports your management of your business…
No doubt you have seen the advertisements from Inland Revenue encouraging all employers to sign up to Payday filing today. Please find below some key points you may wish to consider:
- What is Payday filing? Refer to https://www.ird.govt.nz/campaigns/2018/campaign-payday-filing.html
- It is compulsory for all employers. However early indications are that it will be mayhem if we all leave it to 1 April to register, so it might be worth considering doing so earlier. Remember, once you sign up, Payday filing applies from the following month.
- How do you sign up? Refer to the website as per above
- Most Payroll software providers have not released their updated software for Payday filing, but we are expecting releases in Jan/Feb 2019.
- There are some exemptions for employers with smaller payrolls so you may not have to file electronically but again, the web address above gives you details.
- Milnes Beatson plans to be an early adopter of Payday filing. So that we can give you feedback of our learning, please Like us on our Facebook page to get our comments
- We will also assess the best software solutions. So watch this space.
As always, if you have any queries or concerns, be sure to get in touch.