We have recently presented to audiences of employers in Golden Bay and Motueka, and the topics we’ve been discussing have been well received.
So, because we are dedicated to making a difference for employers, we have joined again with Intepeople to host our free seminar for Murchison farming and business operators.
Employment Matters covers a full range of material. You will find it especially useful if you have employees who work non-regular hours or shift work, or if you pay overtime or bonuses. What you don’t know can hurt you.
This seminar will be presented by Grant, David and Mary from our office and Nicky Dowling of Intepeople, providing information on the following:
- Employment Agreements
- All employees must have one
- Some useful hints on how to manage the process
- Keeping Employees’ Records
- what and why
- Holidays Act
- Payment types
- Leave types
- Non-compliance penalties
- Some examples of penalties applied to date
- Decision-making about payments for leave
- Relevant or Average Daily Pay
- Ordinary or Average Weekly Earnings
- How to calculate
- Employee Housing and Reimbursing Allowances
- Correct treatment of employee accommodation
- Payday Filing
- What is it
- Compulsory from April 1, 2019
- Payroll Software
- Examples of different software that might help you
- Payday Filing
Join us from 1 til 2.30pm, Thursday 25th October at Murchison Sport, Recreation and Cultural Centre
Everyone is welcome – this is not just for clients – so send along the people responsible for employment in your organisation. Whether you’re a small or larger employer, everyone needs to know this stuff.
Bookings essential by end of business Monday 22nd October to [email protected] – Thank you!